Saturday, March 2, 2013

Surprise!

I can admit when I am wrong.

It was actually a great surprise.. a happy one, and I don't see a lot of those, so when I do, it's worthy of a mention!

It was announced at work yesterday morning that we have indeed received a profit-sharing bonus. It's not much. A third of what we received last year, but nevertheless, any free money is better than none, which is what the majority of us have expected. The downfall is that it will be taxed to the hilt so we will be lucky to see half of the proposed amount, but hey! Still! It's better than zero and still a terrific accomplishment. And it's FREE MONEY!

Two stores opened up in the near vacinity of my store, which threw budgets off almost the entire year. We were below budget ALL year, it was depressing!) So, someone went to bat for us, and argued this fact with the powers that be, and they agreed that the proposed budgets we had all year long were screwed up. So, they refigured it and we ended up getting this small but more than expected bonus... YAY!

What does that mean for my cakes? Nothing. I'm still plugging away, still socking it away. When I heard the news, I texted my husband, and told him. He was happy and thrown off a bit, because neither of us expected it, as we were told for the ast six months, it was a no-go, but I told him it was still going into savings for summer. I said I want this to be the best summer EVER... so, why break the streak, right? Into savings it goes!

I have had a terrificly (it's a word NOW!) busy day.. baking and testing and playing. As you know, I love fondant... just hate cleaning up! So this is what I made!

 

 
 



I've been wanting to try the zebra cake effect for a bit now, so while I was baking that, I played with fondant and made some cute cupcake\cake toppers. I plan on making some more tomorrow :) Lovin' the pig!

Anyway... it's been a long day so it's time to end the post :) Enjoy your weekend, and stay sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment