Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gotta love repeat customers!

Because they can help you to fine-tune your product!

On the phone with this particular repeat customer, as she was describing how she wanted her son's birthday cake, she was a wealth of ideas, right down to the buttercream icing. I love it when people make it this easy! I never would have considered adding whipped cream to the buttercream to change the texture (it tasted the same, it was just fluffier!) I was darn proud of how the cake turned out, and with the feedback I received, I know the recipient was too!

One month away from Christmas, and I know I'm going to be busy. With an order of gingerbread cookies and a fancy Christmas cake to make, in addition to my own Christmas baking, decorating, not to mention my wedding anniversary is coming up... I have a full plate.. no wonder I'm exhausted just thinking about it! LOL! Wouldn't change a thing though! It keeps me going!

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year... I've been feeling the spirit, especially at work, since they've begun playing Christmas music... however, I'm having a hard time feeling that way at home, especially on my walk home from work, with all this mild weather, and some flowers still blooming, it just feels too early to decorate when there is no snow, and you can walk outside in just a light sweater and be fine! Ahh, but I know the weather's going to get colder this week, so maybe we'll decorate with the kids by the weekend :) It will be interesting to see what our cat thinks of everything, since this will be her first Christmas! I'm sure she will want to sleep under the tree like our other cats used to, years and years ago!

Off I go, to bake or clean something! Stay sweet! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment