Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cakes I bake!

Just finished a thing of beauty...  I've made a Reese peanut butter cake before, but I've totally improved it! I made the cake chocolatey-er, yet not as sweet... I added mini pb cups to the batter, and topped it with pb cups and Hershey kisses... I can't stand pb and chocolate together, but I have to admit, this cake was amazing!

I've decided that even on weekends when I don't have orders to fill, I'll be baking cakes or cupcakes or cookies for my family. I think that by doing this, it will allow me to come up with more options, perfect the recipes I'm using and stay in touch with followers of my FB site :) Anything that gets my name out there is a plus!

Oh, and I'm having business cards done up by a friend... I have some that I've made myself, but we're kind of helping each other out. She needs to build a portfolio, as she's a graphic designer, and I need some exposure, so this can only be seen as a good thing, in my book! I can't wait to see what she's come up with! But it might be a bit before she actually has time to work on it... she's the friend who's getting married, I mentioned her in a previous post :)

So yes, life is good. We're having familyChristmas photos done tomorrow. So I spent my morning making sure my men were groomed... haircuts all around! My poor husband hadn't had his hair cut in WELL over a month and was starting to look homeless. Yes, I said it... and even though he'd hate my putting that here, he knows he can't disagree lol!

So there you have it! I think my next creation will be a vanilla mint cake... see if anyone wants to take a bite of that! :)

Stay sweet!
D

No comments:

Post a Comment