Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - 2014!

Hello hello! I hope everyone made it through today without too much suffering from the parties last night! Happy New Year from my family to yours!

I closed out 2013 with a bang of my own... we were invited to a few parties, but were only able to attend two of the closest ones... both were a lot of fun, considering we are definitely homebodies. We typically don't go out on New Year's Eve, but made an exception this year.

So my last post included a Dora cake and a Mario cake... and while I don't have the cakes to show for it, December was such a busy month for us as a family, as it usually is for a lot of families! But I squeezed a few cakes in:

 
 
This tree stump cake looked way better with the fondant lettering on it, but I didn't get a picture of it. There were also antlers to go on top but they were lost in transit, unfortunately. This was made of four layers of triple chocolate brownies and chocolate buttercream. It smelled divine!
 
 



This vanilla coffin-shaped cake done in buttercream was for a special little girl in my life. The Monster High doll Operetta topped this cake right before the presentation. I heard a rumour the cake did NOT last very long :)

 
 
This beautiful vanilla cake with raspberry filling was made to surprise some special friends of ours. I had a lot of fun making this cake and more fun delivering it. I love how festive it looked!
 
 
 
 
These cupcake were for the same friends to help ring in the new year. More vanilla-raspberry!
 
 
 
 
And last but certainly not least, this beautiful rosette chocolate-pb cake was made to help ring in the new year at the second party we attended. No one wanted to cut into it! Once it was cut, it didn't last very long either... yay!




This about sums up my month of December 2013... onto new and exciting things for the coming year! I hope you will continue to follow my posts and give feedback...

Stay healthy and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment