Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

I know it's a bit early, but I'm planning ahead :D

How's it going with you? Life is quiet for me and the fam right now... The only baking I've been doing lately is cookies and such for my kids so there haven't been any updates on the Facebook page, but it's coming! I have some cupcakes to do for Cubs this week, and a special surprise cake for a family member who is a chocoholic like me! :) It's going to be so yummy! I'm also going to do strawberry shortcake for my sweetheart, since he's not as much into the whole chocolate aspect as I am :( Talk about depriving a girl!

I talked in my last post about the break I've had after Christmas and looks like it's continued. I'm sure it's mostly because of New Year's resolutions... but it's a good thing! :) I want to lose a few pounds myself and have been watching what I eat lately. It gives me a great opportunity to scope out new ideas!

The break is short-lived though, I think. I've had a lot of orders for the next few months coming my way. Two in March so far, one for June and one for July... I like people who plan ahead! I have a gender cake to do, a baby shower cake to do... one is a 40th birthday and another birthday cake.. and that's not including my own kids!

One thing I've been doing in my spare time is checking out Pinterest! Have you checked it out? It's by invitation only (I can invite you if you are interested) and there are sooo many amazing ideas out there! One really cool idea that I can't wait to try is making a garden out of a skid! I know it's sounds bizarre but since I live in a townhouse, and we want to eventually build a deck, this space-saving idea is right up my alley! You really DO have to see it to understand how cool it is lol!!! Great ideas for hair, gardening, home, cooking and baking.. totally amazing! It's a site that 'pins' great ideas up from it's members, people who have scoured the internet for great ideas, and it's all in one place! Definitely worth a gander!

Well, that's it for me for now... take care and stay sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment